DU Admissions 2022- An Overview of the Complete Admission Process￼
One of the most dreamt universities – The University of Delhi, made a heroic shift in the admission process by adopting the CUET in the year 2022. The process earlier had created a perspective of injustice and inequitable admission requirements for aspirants. The Cutoffs released by the colleges had gotten rigid and it had saturated any scope of improvement for the students after Class 12th boards. But making a remarkable impression in history, CUET was adopted for DU Admissions 2022. The Central university entrance test-CUET, is a national level entrance test taken by students for their admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate programs in all central universities in the country. Because the exam gave a wide bucket of options and choices, many more state and private universities participated in UG & PG Admissions via CUET.
Delhi university caters to a massive number of student intake, hence all eyes are on the DU Admissions 2022. 2022 being the first experiential year of CUET, multiple help & support videos, helpline numbers, seminars, chat support have been put by the university.
The DU Admission 2022
After the CUET Registration and Examination Conclusion, The University of Delhi launched the Common Seat Allocation System, CSAS, for the admission process further. The admission will take place under three different phases which are mentioned under.
The first step is the basic registration of the student on CSAS. Here the student will submit the basic details like personal details, academic details (class 12 scorecard and other details) and ECA- Extra Curricular Activities or Sports quota details. After the student submits the information, one has to present the scanned copies of these documents.
Post the uploading is successfully done, a preview section will be displayed showing all the particulars filed by the students to cross check. The students filling for DU admissions 2022 are suggested that they fill their particulars very carefully here, as after the final submission no changes in this section would be entertained by the university.
The last step in phase 1 is the payment of the registration fee which is non-refundable. Under any circumstance if the payment was unsuccessful, the form would not be considered submitted and the student will be considered out of CSAS.
Phase – 2
College and Course Choice filling and Preference Filling
This phase will take place when the CUET result will be declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA). A preference filling Phase will be open by the DU where the students need to login to their CSAS-2022 Portal and follow the undergiven steps.
All candidates for the DU admissions 2022 will have a choice from 79 UG programs offered by the university. Under the program section they can select all the courses that they are interested in and they also fulfil the program specific eligibility. The University of Delhi advises all DU admissions 2022 aspirants to fill the maximum number of courses they can, as only the courses filled for in this phase will be considered for allocations.
- In the second step, the program specific eligibility will be auto calculated by the university and the candidate needs to confirm the program specific CUET merit score calculated.
- College + Course Preference
After filling for the courses and confirming the CUET Score, the candidate can now choose the college preferences for the courses selected. The candidates are suggested to fill for the preference very carefully as the program+ college preference will determine the preference order for seat allocation in the final step.
Advice by DU– Before filling the college preference, the students are suggested to refer to the location of the college, fee structure and other facilities provided by the college.
- Confirming the Preferences
Before submitting candidates need to re-check the order of preference for program + college Preference as no editing, reordering and deleting will be allowed after the deadline is over.
Phase – 3
Seat Allocation and Admission
The University of Delhi will declare allocation lists for the counselling rounds. All DU Admissions 2022 applicants have to login to their CSAS-2022 dashboard and check if a seat is allocated to them in the particular round and if it is allocated, s(he) must complete the admission formalities.
- The candidate needs to first accept the desired seat from, the one or multiple, seats allocated to him in the ongoing round. The seats allotted will be valid for only the round it was allotted in. Inactivity or no/action will lead to non-acceptance of the seat.
- After a candidate accepts the seat allotted, online approval by the college will have to be done. The colleges will check all the requirements like minimum eligibility of the candidate, program specific eligibility, subject mapping and validity and authenticity of the documents/certificates submitted by the candidate. After successful verification of all of the above, the candidate will have to pay the admission fee. If the admission fee is not paid, the seat will be cancelled and allotted to someone else in the next round of counselling.
If a student is rejected by the college, it will surely state a reason for rejection.
Advice by DU– the candidates who are in process of document verification from the college, need to regularly visit their CSAS-2022 dashboard. During the online verification, a college may raise some query for a document or eligibility which needs to be urgently addressed and acknowledged by the candidate.
- There will be subsequent rounds of allocation too. All the non-accepted, left seats from the previous rounds will be allocated in the subsequent rounds. Students can accordingly select the upgrade option, where they will be eligible for allocation to seats which are in higher order of preference, subject to availability.
Following this pattern, multiple rounds of counselling will take place in DU Admissions 2022. The University of Delhi has provided multiple support systems for DU Admissions 2022. Students can visit their official website for any doubts.