About Krea University : courses, admission process and many more
Krea University is a liberal arts and sciences, private university located in Sricity, Andhra Pradesh. The university aims at providing a Liberal Education platform to the students where they can explore their real-interests via studying interdisciplinary subject combinations. Programmes at Krea University encourage creativity, critical thinking, communication, contemplation, cross-disciplinary approaches, real-world implementation, and the ability to negotiate unanswered questions in the students.
Krea University holds two Schools and provides oversight to three Research Centres.
- The School of Interwoven Arts and Sciences (SIAS).
It offers a 3-year BA (Honours) and BSc (Honours) with an option to do an additional year i.e., fourth year. This is the year of Advanced Studies where a student can complete another extra year.
- IFMR – Graduate School of Business (GSB)
It offers PhD, MBA and customized Management Development Programmes.
- The Research Centres, LEAD, J-PAL, CDFI, Inclusion Economics and Moturi Satyanarayana Centre for Advanced Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences work closely with international agencies, governments, policymakers and academicians in solving complex developmental challenges
Programmes at Undergraduate Level-
B. A / B.sc – 3-year degree course/ 3+1 year At Krea University, in the first year, students have an initial three trimesters of Core and Skills courses. This first-year curriculum will help every student identify the major that most excites them and best suits
their career and life interests. Students will choose a major in their second year after they complete eleven Core and Skills course requirements at Krea. The faculty mentor assigned to each individual student in the first trimester will engage regularly with the student in an advisory role to help both with the choice of major and in creating an academic action plan for the student for the next two years. Students will complete a collaboratively taught Core course in their second year, and a capstone project/thesis in their third year.
If a student wishes to gain additional majors, Krea University also gives an option of a +1 year, where the student can do another major and take dual majors degree. This would conclude in a 4 year undergraduate degree for the student.
Just like all other liberal arts universities offer, following are the various interdisciplinary subject combinations (including majors and minors) provided by Krea University.
SUBJECT COMBINATIONS OFFERED
|Division of |
and Social Sciences
|Division of Literature and the Arts||Division of Sciences|
|Business Studies (Minor)|
Eco & Environment Studies
Social Studies (Major)
Politics & History (Joint Major)
|Global Arts (Minor)|
Literature and Arts (Joint Major)
|Biological Sciences (Major)|
Computer Science (Major)
Physical Sciences -Physics and Chemistry (Joint Major)
Environmental Studies (Major)
Krea University is one of the best liberal education-providing universities, hence having constructed a very selective admission process.
The admission process consists of two stages
- Submission of the application form
- Shortlisting for Krea Immersive Case (KIC)
- Financial Assistance Application opens
Stage 2 –
The Krea Immersive Case consists of:
- Case study presentation: The faculty presents a case for the students in the KIC. These cases usually highlight an ongoing or relevant topic for the applicants. The cases encourage students to understand the various perspectives mentioned in the case study.
- Reflection essays: Applicants reflect on the case study by writing about their perspective of the case study.
- Group Discussion and Presentation: Applicants after reflection work in groups to plan and provide approaches that could resolve issues addressed in the case study and make a presentation. The presentation is to be presented to a panel of faculty and admissions team members.
- Conversations: Applicants engage in conversations with a panel comprising faculty and admissions team members.
The decision is finally given on the basis of a combination of results of both stages.
Getting into a liberal education degree program can help the student get broader foundational knowledge on which they can establish their skills. Read our blog on introduction to liberal arts in order to understand how it is important. Sometimes it can be difficult for class 12th students to decide whether to go for a traditional course or a modern new-age course like this one. In order to take the best decision for your career, contact the best career counsellors in delhi-ncr – EDU-Wiki consultancy. to contact call on 8218867788 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org