The first step in one’s professional journey begins when one decides his/her stream in 11th grade. For students this very first decision – Which stream to choose after 10th class traces their future path and is therefore quite an important decision. Of course, with the abundance of information available online and plethora of career options in each and every field, students today have a lot of options to choose from.
Now here’s the dilemma: if one can pursue any career they want after high school, then is stream selection really that important? Well, as per the best career counsellors in Delhi NCR the answer is yes, and here’s why:
- First things first, certain careers have some prerequisite subjects needed. For example, students from commerce cannot pursue engineering or medical because those fields require prior knowledge of science subjects. This means that choosing a stream, narrows down your options to a certain extent and therefore, must be given a serious thought.
- Choosing subjects you like and are interested in can help you with your academics in class 11th and 12th. You’re more likely to excel in subjects you like already as compared to something you’re doing half-heartedly.
- You can never be too prepared – In today’s age, with the competition so high, being clear about the subjects you want to study and the field you want to enter can be very helpful. It’ll make you focussed towards a particular field and help you grow efficiently.
- Choosing a career field which is different from your class XII stream is possible, but makes you a complete fresher in it. At that point, you’ll be competing with students who have already studied the subject for 2 years and will put you at a disadvantage of matching the pre-existing knowledge of those students.
Well then, how Which stream to choose after 10th can be an informed decision about such an important aspect of their career?
- Look within and discover what you want– Choosing a stream has to be an independent decision made by you and for yourself. You may take guidance from your family and peers but in the end, you need to figure out what it is that you want to do and where your interest lies.
- Get Professional Guidance– The abundance of information can be quite overwhelming. In such a scenario, the best way to be informed is to talk to professionals, the best career counsellor in Delhi NCR, who will help you explore options according to your personality, aptitude and desires.
- Assess your Strengths and Weaknesses– An ideal career option isn’t the one which draws your interest but also one where your aptitude lies. Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses can help you explore options where your skills will shine the most. A scientifically curated aptitude test for stream selection after 10th and an expert career counsellor can help you the best in assessing your strengths and weaknesses.
- Explore all Options with an open mind– Nothing is off the table, you never know what might pique your interest!
- Talk to people in the industry– Someone’s valuable personal experience can mirror the professional life of the career you are thinking about. Talking to seniors or professionals of the field you’re interested in; can help you understand the industry and make informed decisions for your career path.
Stream Options After 10th
The various streams for classes 11 and 12.
Science, Commerce, Arts.
- Science –This field is divided into two major specializations- Medical and Non-Medical.
Medical– The mandatory subjects in this stream are- PHYSICS, CHEMSITRY, BIOLOGY (PCB) and a language.
After passing class 12th with this stream, students can pursue a career in core medical fields such as MBBS, Dental, Homeopathy, Ayurveda and many more. To pursue a career in this field the national level exam NEET is mandatory. If not core medicine courses, students can also pursue para-medical courses such as Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Microbiology or a career in Research.
Non-Medical– The mandatory subjects in this stream are-PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS and a language.
After passing class 12th with this stream, students can pursue a career in Engineering, Computer Application, Designing VFX and Animation and many more.
For Admissions into colleges offering these courses a students has to qualify national level entrance exams such as JEE MAINS, VITEEE(Vellore), BITSAT(BITS), MET(Manipal), SRMJEE, KITEE UCEED and many more such exams.
- Commerce – The mandatory subjects in this stream are Business Studies, Accounts, Economics and a language. The optional subjects here are Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Legal Studies and many more.
After passing class 12th with this stream, students can pursue a career in Chartered Accountancy, Bank PO, Finance Manager, Bank Manager, Economist, Business Administration, Marketing, Company Secretary, Law, etc.
- Humanities & Arts- This stream is becoming more popular because this stream offers a wide variety of Subjects such as History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Psychology, Sociology, Languages, Home Science, Legal Studies, Fashion Studies, Mass Media and many more.
After passing class 12th with this stream, students can pursue a career in Law, Mass Communication and Journalism, Sociology, Psychology, Archaeologist, Education and Training and Creative Careers as Fashion designing, Graphic designing, Interior Designing, Product Designing, Animation etc.
Figuring out and choosing a stream can be an overwhelming process but it’s important to know that you’re not alone, EDU-Wiki, which is one of the best career counsellor in Delhi NCR, extends extensive support in helping you choose a successful career for yourself. You can reach out to us at https://eduwiki.co.in/class-9th10th/